Public Speaking Boot Camp
Are you looking to improve your public speaking skills? Join Greg Roth and Percy Group Communications for a 5-week class that will get you comfortable then confident in addressing audiences of any size. This series is a hands-on, interactive workshop and will be a mix of lecture, exercises, and presentation.
Over the course of 5 weeks, you will learn:
- Control, poise, and confidence-building techniques for getting started
- How to select and structure your content for maximum impact
- Performance techniques and what makes an engaging talk
- Handling Q&A, crowd participation, and unplanned situations
- How to use PowerPoint and visuals more effectively
Each student will have the chance to deliver a 3-5 minute talk 3 times over the course of the class, each time employing new techniques and refining their presentations.
A key part of the class is video – we will watch and critique videos of outside talks, as well as record talks given in class for individual coaching.
Class size: 15 people maximum
Investment: $225 for all 5 classes
Dates: Wednesdays, 6:30 – 9pm, May 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th
Instructor: Greg Roth, IOM, is the owner of Percy Group Communications (http://percy-group.com/), a content strategy and communications consultancy. He has been a speaker and spokesperson for a number of organizations including the Pew Charitable Trusts and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.